Some people are hesitant about changing their resume and editing certain things in or out; they feel it's like cheating. It's not. Changing up your resume is perfectly acceptable as long as you don't lie or make false claims about your history. Tailoring your resume is about putting yourself in a context the company feels will suit them the best.
Think about what it is the company is looking for and highlight the best parts of your resume that fit. Reword past job titles to have similarities to what the business you are applying to is looking for. Edit job descriptions to emphasize the most appropriate characteristics.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades