Does dentistry sound of interest to you? If you don't mind spending the day in other peoples' mouths, dentistry might just be the career for you. In this video, learn what steps need to be taken to break into the field of dentistry.
• An undergraduate degree
• Application fees
• Passing test scores
• A dental school degree
• A state license to practice
Step 1: Take science classes
Take chemistry, math, and other science classes in high school and maintain a high grade point average.
Step 2: Get an undergraduate degree
Earn a college degree with pre-dental courses.
Step 3: Search for dental schools
Look for dental schools accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and learn their admittance requirements.
Step 4: Take the Dental Admissions Test
Pay the application fee and pass the Dental Admissions Test.
Step 5: Complete dental school
Finish two years of classroom and lab work and two years of supervised clinical work.
Step 6: Obtain your license
Take the appropriate exams in the state where you wish to practice dentistry. Before taking the test, find out the state licensing requirements.
Tip: The first evidence of dentistry appeared 9,000 years ago.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades