How to dress for a job interview is important to know before you go in. Watching the video will establish ways to assess company culture, exceptions, accessories to dress at a job interview and how to play it safe and professional.
1. Dressing for Company Culture in a Job Interview
* First impressions count. When dressing up for your job interview, you need to fit company culture. It's not always suit and tie.
* Never overdress or under dress for your job interview. Dress is usually better for the interview than those working in the every day job.
2. Understanding Company Culture in Dressing for Your Job Interview
* See if you can find someone who knows the company or field. They can provide advice on how to dress for a job interview.
* Look at the company's jobs or career section on their website. Observe the worksite to see how they dress.
3. Formal Job Interview Dress Guidelines
* Formal dress is required in face-to-face positions such as those in sales, law or any field dealing with the public. Casual is okay some of the time.
* Traditional fields like finance, old corporations, banking, government and senior positions usually require formal dress for a job interview.
4. Casual Dress Guidelines
* Some job interviews allow casual dress, though you should keep it neat and clean. For men, this means a dress shirt and khakis.
* Women should wear dress pants. Men and women can dress casually for a job interview in nonprofits, high tech companies or creative fields with younger workers.
5. If You're Unsure How to Dress for an Interview
* Men who are unsure how to dress for their job interview can wear a jacket and pants. Women can wear a jacket and dress.
* Your jacket can always be removed. Do this at the interview if the company turns out to be more casual.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades