Optional sections to add to your resume can help fill in the gap where needed and enhance the skills and proficiencies already listed on your resume. Completion of this how to video will discuss the optional resume sections such as profile, technical skills, certifications, awards, memberships and community involvement. Make your own amazing resume today.
1. Profile - Your profile is a mini cover letter in case the real one was separated from your resume. It consists of four to six one-line bullets. The profile should be located after your name and address and before your work experience. This optional resume section should be targeted to each job you apply for.
2. Technical Skills -This optional part of your resume should be listed above your work experience. You should break this down into categories. You should list different technical skills and proficiencies you have when applying to technical jobs. If you are applying for non-technical work, you can simply list operating systems, databases or software packages you have experience with.
3. Awards and honors -It is okay for you to list college awards and honors up to a few years after graduation. You should eventually take these off, as they indicate a lack of experience.
List your work awards. Use this optional part of the resume to say what they were for, how you earned them and what qualified you.
4. Memberships - This optional part of the resume should list the organization, your title and the date you were involved. You should list this especially if you had a leadership role. Work in numerous organizations can be listed with bullets. This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate what you did, especially if it contributes to job experience.
5. Community Involvement - This optional resume section lists volunteer work. Whether you are paid or not, it translates into real experience and real skills used which can enhance your resume. For example, you could add volunteer time with public access as experi
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.