How to Prepare answers for a job interview
Preparing answers is essential for any job interview. Completing this video will walk you through preparing opening job interview answers, example based answers, responses to difficult job interview questions and the best answers to questions about your weak areas.
1. Opening Job Interview Answers
* Prepare an answer to the opening job interview question. Look at your resume for why you should be hired and what skills you have.
* Tell about hard skills, which are specific, and soft skills, which are generalized. Include paid and unpaid experience.
2. Job Interview Answers Based on Example
* Say what about you in your experience and knowledge will most impress the interviewer. Look at your resume for these answers throughout your job interview.
* Define a problem, an action and a result to answer job interview questions. Be specific and without too much detail. End your answers positively. For example, if they say, 'Tell me about your project management skills.' say 'I've organized 50 plus people in two divisions to minimize costs.'
3. Difficult Job Interview Questions and Positive Answers
* Select achievement stories by projects or jobs you did to answer questions. Talk about your innovation, project management, writing skills and ability to work with superiors. Think of achievement stories as answers to your job interview questions. For example, say, 'I produced a promotional video to obtain funding for a project.'
* Prepare for difficult questions. Keep your answers short and positive with a happy ending. If you explain too much, the interviewer may suspect you are hiding something. If something is wrong, make sure it's a work problem, not a people or personal problem. Describe how you handled it.
4. Job Interview Answers and Weaknesses
* Talk about weakness with a successful conclusion. For example, describe how you had a hard time presenting, but joined toastmasters.