Researching the job market thoroughly and with the correct resources is important to the advancement of your career. Watching this video will establish how to research your career options, find information about companies and familiarize yourself with job titles that are a fit for the degree and/or certifications you have earned as well as your professional background. Find the perfect job today!
1. Researching Career Options - Your research of career options in the job market can be done through the Occupational Handbook. After watching this video, you should understand this as an excellent research tool to obtain information about careers, necessary training, employment outlook and average salaries. - While some research can be done in person, you can do a great deal of it online. You can find information about degrees at www.petersons.com. Community colleges can provide the most information about certificate programs.
2. Researching a Company - It is important that you conduct your job market search by company. While many online business databases are expensive, many of these are available through your public library at no cost. College libraries offer you access to some of the prominent databases to search the job market by company. While they're not free online, these include www.hoovers.com, www.wetfeet.com and www.zoominfo.com. Many companies publish similar information on their websites. www.salary.com is a good place to start for salary information about a job market or title by company.
3. Researching a Job Role and Title - There are a variety of ways for you to search job market roles and titles online. Resources where you can find more information include www.craigslist.com, www.monster.com, www.hotjobs.com and www.careerbuilder.com. Job market research can also be performed by field at Purdue University or at www.jobbankusa.com, which provides a wider search of multiple employers.
4. Starting Job Market Research - Your search of the job market onlin
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades