The guidelines you should follow for writing your resume are simple and effective once it's presented. Watching this how to video will walk you through resume format, writing your resume to be reader friendly and how to describe your qualifications and accomplishments. Write a winning and successful resume today.
1. Format of Resumes - Resumes are only around one page in length for recent graduates. Once you gain experience, you can start writing one and a half or two page resumes. This should only be done once your resume starts crowding. When writing your resume, leave spaces between sections. Margins on your resume should be three quarters of an inch to an inch wide.
2. Writing Your Resume for Readability - As watching the video establishes, most resumes are read in less than a minute. When writing your resume, bear in mind that the less you write the more is read and comprehended. A large amount of text with no space is more difficult to read and much harder for a potential employer to consider. Make sure that the font on your resume is not too big or too small to read. An 11-point font is a happy medium. Be sure that you leave clear white space.
3. Describing Your Qualifications in a Resume - You should not use paragraphs when writing your resume. A good guideline or rule of thumb is that paragraphs are hard to read fast, minimizing the chances the chances that your resume will be reviewed. Use bullets when writing your resume. These are a great way to outline your achievements, work history and education. Make long bullets into two. You should bear in mind as a guideline that, when writing your resume, no bullet should last more than a maximum of two and a half lines.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades