Answer "Why should we hire you?" in a job interview
John Heaney from The Job Shopper discusses how to handle one of the toughest questions you will face in a job interview: "Why should we hire you?"
Basically, they are asking you to sell yourself to them. You can prepare for this question in advance by making an inventory of your strengths, along with several examples to demonstrate how you have used these strengths in your career.
Secondly, you need to understand what skills and experience the employer is looking for, which should be easy to find on the job listing. Comparing their needs with your skills will enable you to clarify what you have to offer that will fulfill their requirements and set you apart from the other candidates. It could be something as simple as your energy, initiative, communication skills, ability to get along with others, etc. These skills are important in any job and are essential to your success.
If you take the time to prepare for this question in advance of the interview, you will have your answer ready to go.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades